BCHS has a present enrollment of 55 students from Cycle One through to Secondary V. We are the only English school in the Baie-Comeau area; most of our students live in the town. It is one of fifteen youth sector schools that is served by Eastern Shores School Board.
The school building was first constructed in 1937 along with two churches, the pulp and paper mill, company housing, a hospital and port facilities. BCHS has moved a number of times throughout its history. Most recently, thanks to MELS and ESSB, the building has had three major renovation projects – all of them have refreshed and upgraded our look and facilities.
The school features a Community Learning Centre with full video conference facilities. It is also home for the North Shore Community Association, serving the anglophone population in Baie-Comeau, Port-Cartier, Sept-Iles and Fermont.
39, avenue Marquette
Principal: Mr. Stephen Kohner
Staff Assistant: Ms. Crystal Clarke
Secretary: Ms. Ann Rooney